The code is a tensor product based finite element package designed to allow one to construct efficient classical low polynomial order h-type solvers (where h is the size of the finite element) as well as higher p-order piecewise polynomial order solvers. The framework currently has the following capabilities:
- Representation of one, two and three-dimensional fields as a collection of piecewise continuous or discontinuous polynomial domains.
- Segment, plane and volume domains are permissible, as well as domains representing curves and surfaces (dimensionally-embedded domains).
- Hybrid shaped elements, i.e triangles and quadrilaterals or tetrahedra, prisms and hexahedra.
- Both hierarchical and nodal expansion bases.
- Continuous or discontinuous Galerkin operators.
- Cross platform support for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
Nektar++ comes with a number of solvers and also allows one to construct a variety of new solvers. In this project we will primarily be using the Incompressible Navier Stokes solver.
Branch to implementation of the ULFM fault tolerance mechanism
Branch to improvement works to the IO subsystem